So dear ones, here I am again! It was a bit quiet here, but I hope to get my blogging back in track soon!
To debut, so to speak, I bring today my absolute recipe for pizza!
What the hell has pizza with a healthy diet to do, you ask yourself? Well all of it!! Why not, I say!
The ingredients are all pure, you don’t have no sugar added in the dough, only a little yeast, little oil. Oh yes – I forgot, there are the bad carbs in there !!
Well, I love the carbs so much, hey, I’m Italian, how could I delete my beloved carbohydrates from my diet!
Every Friday night we have pizza, and this one here, homemade! Meanwhile, the pizza baker is my husband, who has discovered his passion and has really perfectioned this pizza Naples Style!
The special thing about this dough is the long rest period. Yes, a good pizza dough like the one made in Naples, just needs time …. nothing else!
Oh ever in this fast-paced time, it’s of course a problem for many of you, but in fact it isn’t so complicated. Thursday evening prepare the dough, put in the refrigerator, Friday morning take out the bowl and leave until evening …… Hmm … does not sound really complicated right?
In the evening just divide the dough into two parts, roll out, top up and put in the oven for that!
Here is the recipe!
Basic recipe for Pizza Margherita
Nutrition facts per serving: 184 kcal, 27 g carbohydrates, 5 g fat, 8 g protein
(1 pizza makes 6 slices, 1 slice = 1 serving)
For 2 round pizzas or for 2 baking pans pizzas:
- 450 g flour
- 2 tsp dried yeast or 8 g fresh yeast
- 250-300 ml of lukewarm water
- some oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 – 5 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 Mozzarella, diced
- 75 g Gouda cheese, grated
- Put in a large and high bowl the flour, make in the middle of it a crater, add the yeast in it and a little water. With a fork dissolve the yeast in the water and take from the edges a little flour. Add more water and elaborate with the fork. Add salt. If it might be too dry, you can add a little water. Don’ t worry, the dough should stick! Now knead the dough with your hands for a few minutes. Brush in a little oil inthe bowl and cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rest overnight in the fridge. Next day put it out of the fridge and let rest til evening.
- After the dough had enough rest time, flour the work surface lightly and lift the dough from the bowl. Divide into two equal pieces with you r floured hands. Now press with your hands the dough flat and bring it into the form you need!
- Preheat the oven at the highest level!
- Layer the baking pan with a baking sheet and place the dougn in it. Top with tomato sauce, and cover with the cheese.
- Bake on the middle rack now for about 25 minutes!